Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Recipe Swap- Grandma's Lemon Cookies from Cali Cooking Couple

Today we are linking up with our dear friends at Cali Cooking Couple- Alix & Kevin! Alix and I have been friends for over 15 years and I've been loving all the recipes she and her hubby have been posting on their incredible food blog. Alix suggested doing a recipe swap this month and I was more than excited to do it. Here's the recipe Alix shared with us:
(P.S  Also check out Alix's adorable etsy page for very chic baby gear: Designs by Alix)


Hi we are Alix and Kevin and we are the Cali Cooking Couple. We are just two crazy married people who love to cook. We found love in the kitchen on our first date and now we are sharing our love of food with you. Wow thats a lot of love. :) We hope our recipes bring your family together like it has ours. 

GRANDMA'S LEMON COOKIES 

Now I know that you are thinking seriously more lemons. I am in love with lemons right now. My name sake grandmother would cook me these cookies every time I went to her house and they are my favorite. 

Lemon Cookies 
1 cup butter 
1/2 cup powdered sugar 
2/3 cup corn starch 
1 cup flour 

Lemon Frosting 
1/4 cup butter 
2+ Tbs Fresh Lemon Juice 
rine of a Lemon 
-Powdered sugar to spread 

1. Mix butter and powdered sugar 
2. Add corn starch 
3. Add flour and mix 
4. Drop teaspoons onto cookie sheet and indent and cook 325* for 15 minutes - 
5. Cool 
6. Mix frosting butter 
7. Add  fresh squeezed lemon for  juice 
8. Grate lemon 
9. Add powdered sugar to spreadable constancy. 
10. ENJOY !!!!! and then say "this is the best cookie ever"
11. Hid them because you will eat the whole batch.