Thursday, April 29, 2010

Rolo Cookies



As a kid Rolo's were one of my favorite candies, so when I first heard about these cookies I knew I had to try them. Thanks to our friend A I had such a chance a few weeks ago, and they did not disappoint. I am not sure where the original recipe came from, but we added a little of our own pizazz to it. These cookies are so quick and easy, but are so amazing that in one bite you'll never be the same!

Recipe:
1 pkg Devil's Food cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4tsp cinnamon
24 Rolos

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Mix together the cake mix, egg, oil, vanilla and cinnamon.


Roll the dough into a log




Cut the dough into 24 equal slices.

Take a slice of dough and place a Rolo in the middle of it.

Roll the dough into a ball around the Rolo.

Place on a greased or paper-lined cookie sheet and bake for 6 minutes.

Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes.





These cookies are delicious when they are warm and the caramel is all gooey and just oozes out of them. They are also great after they cool when the caramel is chewy. Everyone will love the surprise you get when you bite into the extraordinary cookies. Rolo's just got even better!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found a similar recipe on hostesswiththemostess.com the other day and was just about to make them LOL