Sunday, August 22, 2010

Almond Cake

My amazing friend and college roommate K-love used to make this all the time. It was one of my favorite things she would make and when I moved out it quickly become a favorite of mine to bake as well. It is super quick to put together and chances are you have all of the necessary ingredients in your kitchen right now. Here's the recipe:

1 C Sugar
1 C Flour
2 tsp Almond extract
1/2 C butter (melted)
2 Eggs
Almonds or Clear standing sugar (optional)

Preheat over to 325 degrees. In a bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together


Add the butter, extract and eggs


Stir well :-)


Place in a greased round cake pan or as you see I used a pie pan. Both work well!


K-love would sprinkle sliced almonds on the top before baking but as most of you know I'm not a huge fan of nuts. In fact, Katie would leave part of the batter uncovered of almonds just for me :-) I do sugar on the top of it to give it a yummy glaze on the top. Not normal sugar, I use the big sugar crystals that you can find in specialty stores.

Bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.


The end product is so delicious. It's a great snack item if you're looking for something a little sweet but not overbearing. It's also easy to make when you're going to someone's house for dinner or having company over


Enjoy!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that it's so simple! I'll have to try that one. And then I'll have to convince Grant to heat more than two bites of something sweet so I don't end up eating the whole thing...